2020-2021 Application Form:
16-18 Bursary/Discretionary Financial Support
19+ Discretionary Learner Support
Please read the guidance notes carefully to ensure that you meet the
criteria and are eligible to apply for the fund, before completing
If applicable, you will need to upload document evidence for all
members of the household mentioned in the form so please ensure you
have electronic copies of these ready before you begin.
We estimate this form will take 15-30 minutes to complete.
The evidence you will need to provide us is listed below. Please take a photo or scan and click Browse
Your (parent(s)/carer(s)) are currently in receipt of one of the following benefits:
- Income Support*
- Income-based Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Income-based Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Universal Credit*
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
Letter/email confirming entitlement to benefits from one of the following:
If this evidence is older than 3 months, please also provide a bank statement which shows a payment of
each benefit going in to your parent’s/carer’s bank account within the last 3 months
- Job Centre Plus
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Your Local Authority
- or Universal Credit payment showing breakdown (3 most recent monthly award statements)
||Child Tax Credit with a gross annual household income of less than £25,000
||A full copy of HRMC Tax Credit Award for the period April 2020 to March 2021 showing 2020/21 income
||In care or care leaver
||Social Worker letter
Funding Available. Please tick as required. *
Travel contribution (if over 3 miles from College)
Uniform, protective clothing, equipment, stationery, kits, print credit, DBS, trips etc.
Vulnerable Student Bursary - Bursary for young people in defined vulnerable groups of £1200 (10 months x £120)
Childcare costs for students over 20 on full time course funded by the FSA. Please also complete 20+Childcare application form
We may not be able to give all support requested as we have limited funds.
You have applied for financial assistance and should your application be successful any assistance given, not
paid by internal transfer, will be paid directly into your bank account.
If you do not have a bank account, you will need to open one as we cannot make payments into another person’s
bank account. These details can be given to the Student Services Officer at the start of the term.
This form must be submitted by the parent(s) or carer(s) (or in the case of Section 2 where a student is living independently the student to submit)
- I certify that I have read and understood the 16-18 Financial Guidelines
- I/we certify that the information given is correct, to the best of my/our knowledge, and I/we undertake to
inform the college immediately if I, the student, decide to leave my course or if there is any change of
circumstances. I/we understand that if the student leaves their course of study before completion, the
College will reclaim any monies/kit/equipment/materials allocated.
- I/we understand that any monies given for specific purposes such as trips will need to be paid or deducted
from future payments if the student does not attend.
- I/we understand that the student is expected to maintain attendance at 100% and to meet expectations with
regard to behaviour and homework/coursework as set out in the Student Contract and College Code of Conduct.
- I/we will notify Student Services immediately if I/we receive a bursary or some other form of assistance
from another source (including benefits) after submitting this application.
- I/we understand that Bexhill College’s administration of Student Support is registered under the Data
Protection Act and that personal information which I have declared will be stored on computer and may be
verified against other information which I have passed on to other public bodies.
- I understand that if I am found to have given false information on this form then any award made to me
will have to be reduced, cancelled or repaid.
- I/we understand that it may be necessary to use and share information on this form with other departments
in the College and our funding agencies.
Please tick here to confirm that you have read and understood this declaration.
Privacy Notice and Declaration
The information you provide on this form will not be passed to any other organisation and will only be used to
assess your eligibility for an award from the Bursary scheme. You are not required to sign this form, however,
the submission of the form is an agreement that you have understood the College General Privacy notice on our
website and the conditions laid out in the Bursary Guidance notes. The submission of this form is also a
declaration that the information given on the form is correct and complete to the best of your knowledge and